This is my Mom
She’s so fun and has taught me so much in my 37 years of life both in words and by example. Here are some of my favorite things she has said either when I was a child or as I have grown up:
* “Don’t put yourself down”
* “Don’t make decisions out of fear”
* “We should look at people knowing “but for the grace of God, that could be me”.
* “Be kind to everyone, always consider their feelings.”
* “Show compassion to the underdog”
* “Being beautiful on the inside is way more important than being beautiful on the outside.”
* “Always put God first”
* “People often give up too early, but if they’ll hold on, they’ll come out stronger and better” (regarding marriage)
She’s also taught me stuff like:
– how to shop for a bargain and still look nice
– how to cook a perfect roast
– how to make a smoothy delicious (add some crystal light lemonade powder)
– how to fold sheets neatly (still working on that one)
– how to kill plants (I inherited that trait for her)
– how to get chili out of light carpet
– that you can be strong enough to hike up a mountain, and still be feminine enough to give yourself a pedicure afterward
And most recently
……how to belly dance! You’ll have to ask her about that one:)
Happy Mother’s Day to my mom and all of the beautiful women in my life!
What are some things your mama taught you?
Click here to list to “Mama Said There’ll Be Days Like This”